Monday, September 21, 2009

Outdoor Pursuits Hiking and Camping Trip

This Saturday I went a hiking trip to the Allegheny National Forest with Professor Smith and the class. I had a blast the entire time. The only complaint I have is the gnats. Everyone was breathing them in and getting them in their eyes. The hike was a fun adventure, the camp fire games were a blast, and eating food cooked over a camp fire was delicious. I learned a lot of useful tips for hiking and camping on this trip. Learning how pack, how to make the stream water drinkable, and putting the food in a tree so bears won't get to it were the most interesting things I learned. I will definitely go on trips like this now because of this class and I hope others will too.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, the camping trip was a lot of fun! The bugs were very annoying. The bugs were going in my mouth and my eyes, it was not cool. I had a blast with the campfire games. The name game was tough trying to remember everyones name. I liked when we had to tell a few stories about ourselves and some of the stories people told were hilarious! Im glad I got to learn a lot as far as learning how to pack and putting the food in a tree. That camping trip was an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have Outdoor Pursuits. Our class is the period right after yours. We, unfortunately, are not going for an overnight camping trip. We are just going for a hike this Friday and will probably be back at SRU by 10:00p.m. From what I have heard, the camping trip was really fun and it was a great experience. I also heard that it gave everyone in the class the chance to get alittle closer to each other and become more comfortable with your peers.

    ReplyDelete